Video of the dramatic arrest of three people at the Pacific Werribee car park over a shooting at police has been uploaded to You Tube.

The man who filmed the video claims it was taken in “Werribee Plaza” on Thursday afternoon.

A man and two women were arrested at 6pm on Thursday at Pacific Werribee by armed crime detectives, local police and members of the special operations group.

The man and one of the women arrested have not yet been questioned as one remains under police guard in hospital and another is deemed unfit.

In the footage, which Fairfax Media has not yet verified, screaming male voices can be heard over the sound of screeching tyres in an undercover car park.

Loud cracking noises ring through the car park and dark shadowy figures can be seen jumping over car roofs and bashing against the side of a vehicle, while a male voice is heard yelling “put your hands in the air”.

The group were wanted over an incident on Derrimut Road, Werribee, at about 3.30am on Thursday, which led to a shot being fired into the driver’s side of a marked police car.

The police unit was conducting routine road duties when they noticed an allegedly stolen Nissan Navara ute.

They briefly pursued the ute but pulled up after it veered on to the wrong side of the road.

Police allege that instead of driving away, the ute did a U-turn to head back towards the police car, and a single shot was allegedly fired into the vehicle.

Picture: Jason South


“It’s a real concern when anybody gets shot at but certainly the police and certainly in circumstances where there appears to be no reason for it,” Detective Inspector Stephen Clark, from the Armed Crime Squad, said after the shooting.

“The pursuit had been terminated, the car has come back from the other direction,” he said. “Who knows what they were thinking.”

Nobody was harmed in the incident.

A police spokeswoman said a 23-year-old man remained under police guard in hospital and was yet to be interviewed on Friday morning.

An 18-year-old woman was charged and bailed on unrelated matters, and a 21-year-old woman has been deemed not yet fit to be interviewed.

“Detectives continue to interview a number of people in relation to the incident and the investigation is ongoing,” the spokeswoman said.

Rania Spooner and Nino Bucci/The Age